Friday, June 20, 2008

Trompe L'oeil Dressing

You'll do a double take with these fool-the-eye ensembles!

First (and Couture Carrie's favorite), this Aminaka Wilmont trompe l'oeil mannequin dress. A dress form in the form of a dress - tres cool! By the by, this fabulous frock is now on sale at net-a-porter.com.

Second, one of Ronald Abdala's skeletal creations... Abdala's designs have been termed morbid by some, but CC declares:
he is a genius! Check out the exposed "vertebrae" on this corset-look top! Visit
ronaldabdala.com for more wardrobe wonders.

Third, check out this Edun Serenade tee with black bustier silhouette. Wear a corset without all that pesky boning!


Last (and may CC add: incredible!), an Insideout long-sleeve tee with white leather jacket print. What artistry! Go to creaturesofcomfort.us for this and the previous look.

14 comments:

..... said...

wow cool find !! it's so Alaia !

Zornitsa said...

The tee is so cool

Kira Aderne said...

so great ideas!!!

a kiss!!

Miss White said...

These are brilliant, I love the way they can fool the eye!

I'd love to swap links thanks, I've added you to mine.

Madame Dior said...

that is so awesome! i love the jacket printed tee

michelle said...

Interesting pieces ^^

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I'm a huge fan of trompe l'oeil. Done right (like the ones you've selected) it's clever and fun to wear.

Anonymous said...

"Razzzmatazzz", hahaha that was hilarious! I love my new nickname haha thanks! :D

Angela said...

Aren't these just clever. Cool finds. Sure love 2 trade link with you. Add you already!

Couture Carrie said...

Thanks all my lovelies!! And welcome to my new fellow fashionistas Miss White and Savvy Gal. Smooches and best wishes for a happy weekend, CC

Cammila said...

Wow, I really had to stare at that first one for a second to understand it. Very cool!

MARA said...

Hi Carrie, I heart your blog. I'm adding it to my links right away...

I see you know Pamcasso from Square Old Soul ..
small internet world!

I hope you get the chance to look at my blog, Fields of Fashion...

cheers from Paris,

marina

Lucy said...

these are awesome - great find!

Hi, I'm Ely. said...

gosh i just love everything you've found and put together on your blog! it's what i'd like to call a major eye candy blog...or something i can get inspiration from. you're a must on my link list! i think ill add you this instant =]